Services for Professional Advisors
At Harvest we understand that the quality and breadth of services you provide to your clients drives the success of your business.
We provide a range of Business to Business services to accountants, tax advisors and solicitors to help their clients achieve their financial objectives, plan for retirement and manage their wealth.
At all times we work closely with our clients’ Professional Advisors to ensure that any advice is tailored to their specific needs and that a holistic view is taken of their clients’ long-term financial goals.
Technical Pension Advice
- Direct property purchase through company or personal pension structures
- Clients approaching or exceeding the Standard Fund Threshold
- Medical Professionals applying for a retrospective Personal Fund Threshold
- Target Funding and maximising tax-efficient pension lump sum entitlements
- Efficient structuring of Death-in-Service benefits.
- Dealing with Pension Adjustment Orders
- Special Contributions to Company Pension Plans and the applicable tax relief treatment
- Complex Investment structures within Self-Administered Pensions
- Implications of Company Wind up on an Occupational Pension plan
- Considerations for transferring from Defined Benefit Pensions
- Overseas pension transfers
Your clients’ retirement marks the beginning of a new phase of their life. It is a period of great transition and it pays to prepare, although this can be a daunting topic.
We provide practical Retirement Planning advice including:
- Determining the level of income your clients will need in retirement and the pension funding required to provide this income.
- Identifying and planning for the likely risks to this income; such as inflation, investment returns, longevity risk and sequencing risk.
- The interaction of the State Pension, Private Pensions and business/personal assets to fund a client’s retirement and succession planning objectives.
Occupational Pension Structure Advice / Wealth Extraction
Business owners reviewing their Company Pension funding sometimes overlook the opportunity to utilise the features of a company pension plan to extract wealth tax-efficiently from their company into a personal asset.
For a company pension to be approved as a tax-exempt arrangement it must be set up in trust. This ensures that the assets of the pension are totally separate from the company and are kept for the benefit of the scheme member (the Director in many cases) and their beneficiaries.
Sole Traders can also avail of significant tax benefits when funding personally for retirement, into Personal Pension Plans or PRSAs.
We provide guidance around the following pension structures, both Insured and Self-Administered:
Working with you at all times we determine the most appropriate pension structure for each client, the appropriate level of contributions to be made to the fund and provide guidance on the investment of the pension fund.
We are here to help. Contact Harvest 01 237 55 00 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries or for a general chat about how we work with Professional Advisors.
Read more on Professional Advisor resources –
Please note that the provision of this product or service does not require licensing, authorisation, or registration with the Central Bank of Ireland and, as a result, it is not covered by the Central Bank’s requirements designed to protect consumers or by a statutory compensation scheme.