A Harvest Financial Services Self-Administered Pension is an investment structure which allows you to fund for your retirement tax-efficiently and continue to maintain control over your fund while in retirement.
Self-Administered Pensions differ from traditional pension plans provided by insurance companies in that you determine both the contribution levels and the investments within the fund, subject to certain rules and restrictions.
Whether a Self-Administered Executive Pension, Personal Retirement Bond or Approved Retirement Fund is most applicable to your circumstances, Harvest are ideally placed to assist.
Flexibility and Control – A Self-Administered pension allows you to control how your pension is invested. Together with your Harvest Client Advisor you can decide your investment strategy and the asset mix you want to invest in.
In general; it is advisable to reduce your investment risk by diversifying your pension fund across a mix of different asset classes.
A Self-Administered Pension allows you the choice of investing in a greater range of assets such as:
• Direct Property;
• Personalised Equity Portfolios;
• International Funds;
• Corporate and Government Bonds;
• Private Equity; and
Saving in a tax efficient manner towards your retirement is always desirable and Self-Administered Pension plans make this possible, along with the added benefit of investment flexibility.
• Income tax relief is available on personal contributions into your Harvest pension plan at your highest tax rate, subject to Revenue limits.
• There is no personal income tax liability, USC, PRSI or BIK on pension contributions that your employer makes on your behalf.
• Your employer can claim full corporation tax relief on company contributions made to your pension to reduce their corporation tax liability.
• Investments are free of both income tax and capital gains tax within your pension fund.
• You will be entitled to a tax-free lump sum when you take your retirement benefits, typically 25% of the fund or up to one and a half times your final salary, up to a maximum of €200,000.
• Investments will continue to be free of both income tax and capital gains tax within your Self-Administered pension fund in retirement.
• Income taken from your pension fund will be subject to income tax, USC and PRSI (if applicable).However; you can decide how much income to withdraw, subject to a minimum annual distribution.
The Next Step
Regardless of your pension structure, your retirement will be unique to you and the advice you need must reflect this.
Whether you want the investment flexibility or the cost transparency of a Harvest Self-Administered pension, your Private Client Advisor will work with you to secure your desired income in retirement.
For more information, or to arrange a meeting to discuss the suitability of a Self-Administered pension for your retirement provision needs, please contact us on 01 2375500 or email email@example.com.
This marketing information has been provided for discussion purposes only. It is not advice, it is provided for general information
purposes only and does not fully take into account your financial position, investment needs and objectives, attitude to risk, liquidity
needs, capital security needs, capacity for loss, etc. It should therefore not be relied upon to make investment decisions. Prior to any
formal investments taking place you will be provided with a detailed suitability letter taking into account all the above and outlining
why the investment(s) are (not) suitable for you.
Please note that the provision of this product or service does not require licensing, authorisation, or registration with the Central
Bank of Ireland and, as a result, it is not covered by the Central Bank’s requirements designed to protect consumers or by a statutory