This month’s fund in focus is the Odyssean Investment Trust PLC. This trust is a closed-ended investment company that seeks to generate attractive total returns principally through capital growth over a medium to long term period. They do this through investing in a concentrated portfolio of 15 – 25 positions in the UK small cap space. While the companies they invest in are UK listed the majority of the revenues earned are external to the UK. The trust is managed by Stuart Widdowson and Ed Wielechowski who have more than 33 years’ combined investment experience in smaller companies. They believe that premium returns are delivered through expertise, rigorous analysis, and an engaged, long-term view.
Points to Note:
- The trust focuses on four key sectors where the managers skillset lies: TMT, Services, Healthcare, and Industrials.
- The managers have a preference for companies with a low cyclicality, B2B focus, high cash margins and in house sector expertise as they best suit the trust’s investment approach.
- It is OIT’s goal to leave companies in a better position than when they first invested. The managers do this by actively engaging with portfolio companies to ensure self-help programmes are in place, such as management and strategy changes, as well as repositioning and improved communication to the markets.
- The fund performance over recent years has been exceptional, as can be seen on the below graph. This strong performance is partly driven by a consistent premium rating. Additionally, there is an exit opportunity at NAV less costs upon the fund’s seventh anniversary.
- The trust is currently trading close to its NAV, this reflects the credibility of the managers in light of the current market conditions.
As always, you should only consider the investment views contained in this Odyssean Investment Trust Fund update in the context of your own attitude to risk and how such choices might impact your Asset Allocation model. Should you wish to discuss your investment portfolio, please contact Harvest Financial Services on 01 2375500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This marketing information has been provided for discussion purposes only. It is not advice and does not take into account the investment needs and objectives, financial position, risk attitude, liquidity needs, capital security needs and/or capacity for loss of any particular person. It should not be relied upon to make investment decisions.
Warning: The return may increase or decrease as a result of currency fluctuations.
Warning: The figures refer to the past. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results.
Warning: The value of your investment may go down as well as up. You may get back less than
Warning: The income you get from this investment may go down as well as up.