THE 12th GREEN EII FUND – TAX RELIEF INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY
The 12th BVP Green EII Fund provides eligible investors with the opportunity to avail of up to 40% income tax relief and provides the investor access to a portfolio of growing companies. The Fund will be managed by BVP Investments Limited.
EXPERIENCED INVESTMENT MANAGER
BVP Investments Limited t/a Business Venture Partners (“BVP”) is an EII fund manager based in Dublin. BVP is authorised under the Investment Intermediaries Act, 1995 and regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. Since 2007, BVP has proven experience in selecting and managing high quality investment opportunities on behalf of its investors. BVP manages funds totalling €23 million for BES/EII investors and have invested in 25 innovative BES/EII qualifying companies, in addition to two EII-qualifying wind farms. BVP see approximately ten companies for every investment made. Since 2014, and have returned €3.9 million to our BES/EII investors.
The primary objectives of the Fund are to provide Investors with the opportunity to invest in selected Qualifying Companies and therefore benefit from the tax relief provisions of the EII Scheme and the expected growth in the value of the shares from the date of investment to the date of realisation. BVP intend providing investors with a balanced portfolio of trading companies which are export led and which promote sustainability and resource efficiency.
Application has been made for the 12th BVP EII Fund (“the Fund”) to be approved by the Revenue Commissioners under the Employment and Investment Incentive (“EII”) scheme. EII is a tax relief incentive scheme, which enables investors to deduct the cost of their qualifying investment from their total income for income tax purposes.
The 12th BVP EII Fund provides eligible investors with the opportunity to avail of up to 40% income tax relief and provides the investor access to a portfolio of growing companies.
Key Attractions of Tax Relief Investment
- Access to a portfolio of companies and renewable energy projects that will diversify your investment portfolio.
- Avail of one of the few remaining income tax reliefs with relief available of up to 40% to qualifying investors.
- Regular reports for investors and an investor conference held every year to update our existing investors.
Investment Portfolio Companies
Smartzone is a technology company that deepens the connection between people and the things that they care most about; their families, their homes and their businesses. Through their cutting edge technology, Smartzone powers smart homes and businesses in Ireland. Committed to improving energy efficiency and delivering savings to customers, Smartzone’s technology connects a broad range of products and devices across energy management, water security, and home security.
Timoleague AgriGen has developed an Anaerobic Digestion (AD) plant in County Cork. Anaerobic Digestion is the process in which organic matter such as animal or food waste is broken down to produce biogas for electricity and bio fertiliser. Construction commenced in June 2018 and the plant will be in production in January 2019. The biogas produced
at the Timoleague plant is used to produce green electricity sold to an energy utility company.
Urban Volt’s Light as a Service model delivers energy efficiency projects for no upfront cost to clients. They retrofit commercial premises with LED lighting for zero capital expenditure, while also cutting operational expenditure and reducing energy usage. They manage the installation and maintain the fittings for 5 years, after which clients keep the lights and all the savings.
HealthBeacon is a digital health company that has developed a digitally-connected bin for the disposal of medicinal injections used in patients’ homes. The HealthBeacon unit is a physical product for use at home by patients with chronic or rare conditions. The HealthBeacon replaces conventional sharps waste-disposal bins with a patient support tool to help patients treat, control and manage critical conditions.
- Medium to long term investment, no early exit mechanism. The typical investment period is between 4 and 7 years.
- Investors are exposed to the performance of the companies and projects in which the scheme will invest and investors may lose some/all of the capital invested.
- There is no guarantee that the Fund will achieve its investment objective.
A more detailed list of risks associated with this investment are set out in the Information Memorandum of the Fund and should be read carefully.
- BVP Investments Ltd is approved under Section 10 of the Investment Intermediaries Act 1995.
- The fund Information Memorandum each year is approved by the Department of Business, Enterprise and Innovation.
- The fund is approved each year by the Revenue Commissioners in accordance with Part 16 of the Taxes Consolidation Act 1997.